New York City is a great place to bring your family. There is something to do on every corner. The activities and entertainment that is available in this gorgeous city provides something for all ages which makes it a perfect destination for a family reunion.
- FAO Schwarz - This is a child’s dream come true. There are toys in every corner of this store. The atmosphere is playful in this gigantic toy heaven and the experience is unique for the young and young at heart. You will find everything from Twister to GI Joe at FAO Schwarz.
- Ellis Island - Ellis Island is a wonderful place to stop during your family reunion getaway. This spot has one of the richest cultural backgrounds and histories in the country. Taking the younger generation to this Island will open their eyes to an ancestry that they may not have known existed. Ellis Island is a place to bring together multiple generations of your family.
- Madam Tussauds New York - Madam Tussauds Wax Museum is something that must be seen to believe. There are hundreds of wax replicas of famous people from celebrities to world leaders. This is an experience that would be great for a family with children. The statues are so lifelike that it is hard to tell if it is a fake.
When you are planning your military reunion, consider taking a trip to New York, New York. There are many things for you and your fellow soldiers to see while in this city. Everything from museums to monuments will bring you and your comrades closer together during your visit.
- Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum - This museum has 30 aircraft including those used by the military. In their collection are two of the fastest aircraft in the world; the super-secret A-12 Blackbird plane and the Angelo-French luxury airliner Concorde. There is plenty to see at this museum.
- Ground Zero - As a war hero you may want to consider visiting ground zero and paying tribute to those that lost their lives on that fateful day. It is one of those things that you have to experience to understand and most would say that only a certain few can truly understand the significance of this location in American History.
- Patriot Tours - Consider taking this upbeat tour around the cities patriotic landmarks. This is a tour that you will enjoy as it is relaxing and interesting while providing a bit of American History while you spend time with your fellow soldiers and their families.
- Helicopter Tour of Niagara Falls - This mammoth has to be seen to really grasp its magnitude. This is a romantic spot to spend a moment with your soon-to-be spouse as you prepare for the big day, or as a moment to relax after the preparations and celebrations have ended. Niagara falls will amaze everyone in your wedding party.
- New York Dinner Cruise - For something a bit different, consider taking a dinner cruise around the Hudson River. You will see the city in all its wonder as the lights sparkle in the darkness. You will see spectacular views of Manhattan as you relax and dine.
- Harlem Soul Food and Jazz Evening Tour - Spend an evening with friends and family touring the city’s culturally rich Harlem area. You will enjoy the music and nightlife of New York City.
If you are attending a corporate retreat in New York City there are several things that you can do to relax during your stay or in between meetings and seminars. You will find everything from museums to spas to spend your downtime in.
- Metropolitan Museum - “The Met” boasts paintings and sculptures from around the world. You will find everything from De Vinci to Monet. The eclectic collection will captivate any art lover. You will want to set aside an afternoon to view as much of the Metropolitan Museum as you can.
- United Nations - The UN is a great place to visit during your stay in New York City. There are guided tours offered in over 25 different languages and they will cover everything from its history and structure to its composition and the architect who designed the buildings.
- Madison Spa - For a truly relaxing experience consider visiting Madison Spa. You will be treated to many different spa treatments such as manicures, pedicures, facials and massages. This is a great place to unwind and enjoy an afternoon.
Highlights of New York City
A trip to NYC would not be complete without taking in the sights of the city, seeing a Broadway musical or enjoying a tour. There is something to do year round in New York City and plenty to see no matter what holiday or time of year you are visiting.
Lights, camera, action! Broadway musicals go with New York City as mashed potatoes go with gravy. You can’t think of one without thinking of the other. Here are a few musicals that are currently playing on Broadway.
• Lion King
• Mary Poppins
• Billy Elliot
• West Side Story
• Phantom of the Opera
A staple in NYC on Thanksgiving is the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. With all of the balloons, floats and marching bands this is a hit for all ages.
A great event to see every Christmas is the lightening of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. This event always happens in early December.
New Year’s Eve
It seems that no other New Year’s celebration can top the one that is held in Times Square every year. With the crystal ball dropping and all of the crowds, this is something that you must experience to fully understand.
No trip to New York City would be complete without a bit of shopping. There are so many shops that it may take more than one day to find what you are looking for.
- Madison Avenue - This high end shopping street offers such names as Polo, Prada and Coach.
- Times Square - You will be sure to find a bit of everything shopping here. Brands such as QuickSilver and Sephora have taken up shop here and you will even have the chance to see the MTV store in Times Square as well.
- Lower East Side - For those with more eclectic tastes in fashion and style you will want to visit the lower east side. You will find such stores as Marmalade, Adrienne’s and Tahir Boutiques.
Day Trips and Walking Tours
A unique way to experience the sights of NYC is by taking a day trip or a walking tour of the city. There are plenty of options including photo tours and cruises around the Hudson River.
- Rock & Roll Walking Tour - Anyone with a love for music will enjoy this tour. You will see famed rockers homes and places that they enjoyed visiting while on this unique tour around the city.
- PhotoTrek Tours - Take along your camera and get some great shots of the city on this photo tour. You will be taken on a guided tour of some of the best places in the city for a photo op.
- Full Island Cruise - Sit back and relax and enjoy the ride during a full Island cruise. You will see some of the best views of the city during this guided tour.
No matter where you are staying in the city, whether Times Square or Murray Hill there is a hotel that will meet your needs. The following is a sample of those that are offered in three different locations around New York City.
- Times Square - The Westin Times Square is a high end style hotel that offers luxurious suites.
- Soho - If you are staying in Soho consider the Sohotel for your accommodations. You will find many amenities and conveniences at this grand hotel.
- Murray Hill - Another high end option is the Carlton Hotel in Murray Hill. You will be able to relax and enjoy your stay at this beautiful hotel.
There are plenty of restaurants to enjoy in New York City. You will find everything from pizza to steak in this city.
- Pellegrinos Italian Cuisine - Enjoy an Italian experience at this beautiful restaurant. You will find a relaxing and romantic atmosphere.
- De Nico Restaurant - If you are visiting Little Italy, stop by and enjoy De Nico Restaurant. The food is excellent and the company is great too.
- Asiate Restaurant - This beautiful restaurant features breathtaking views of the city. If you are visiting with a party of 6 or more you may be privy to the corner table that overlooks the city. You will have views of Manhattan that are wonderful. Keep in mind that the attire is dressy and it is not the best place for children.